Metal Fabrication Industry Jobs at Piranha
join an industry leader.
Piranha is a leading U.S. manufacturer of metal fabrication equipment and cutting machines with a proud and successful 140-year history.
Including our W.A. Whitney and Bertsch brands, our product offering ranges from fiber laser cutting machines, combination punch/plasma fabrication centers and plasma cutting machines to ironworker machines, press brakes, bending rolls, structural punching equipment and punch tooling.
The Golden Rule
We believe in operating by our Golden Rule: We are fair, respectful, and communicate with honesty and candor. Read more about our core values and why Piranha is a leader in metal fabrication equipment and cutting machines.
Piranha is currently accepting resumes from qualified candidates for the positions listed below.
Electrical Assembler - Rockford, IL
We are accepting resumes for an electrical assembler to assemble/build a variety of machines/accessories.
Assemble -Build-Test electrically Punch Plasma machines, Lasers, press brakes, high definition plasma, bending rolls, and related product, via blueprints, bill of materials, photos, job notes.
- Read and interpret electrical blue prints.
- Follow electrical schematics to build panels, assemble CNC packages, drives, motors, terminal blocks, IO’s, switches, safety circuits, and related.
- Wire complete machines and sub-assemblies.
- Knowledge of wiring practices, layout, neatness in cable runs.
- Knowledge of using flexible, rigid conduit, and terminating wires.
- Utilize photos, blueprints, engineering sketches, verbal instructions to build product.
- Use PC/wire label printer to create wire numbers.
- Follow written or verbal instructions.
- Write legibly, fill out final inspection and test documentation.
- Able to perform mechanical assembly or aptitude to learn.
- Use tools of the trade. Meters, screw-drivers, knock-out punches, drills, taps, wire cutters, crimpers, soldering iron, wrenches, air/electric drills, die grinders, and others.
- Safe machine startup, verify correct voltage, phasing, troubleshoot startup issues.
- Utilize overhead crane and proper rigging or lifting devices.
- Operate a fork lift.
- Work in a team environment interacting cooperatively.
- Lift / handle 50 pounds.
- Safety minded. Must wear steel or composite toe safety shoes, safety glasses. Knowledge of electrical safety.
POSITION DESCRIPTION-Electrical Assembler
- Good communication skills with co-workers, lead men, engineering and supervisor.
- Quality conscious.
- Use computer to clock on/off jobs.
- Maintain work area cleanliness-organization.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Pass Drug Test and Physical
- Work Overtime when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree in a related Electrical Trade.
- Willing to train a qualified individual (Student currently enrolled in a electrical trade or recent Trade School Graduate.
- 2 years in an Industrial environment (related electrical trade)
- Demonstrated electrical aptitude, general knowledge of tools, fasteners, and assembly technique.
- Lift and/move/handle 50 pounds.
- Occasionally lift heavier weight.
- Regular use of eye/hand coordination.
- Frequently stand, stoop, or kneel up to 10 hours.
- Work off a lift or ladder.
- Frequently walk.
- We offer competitive wages and benefits. Salary negotiable based on experience level.
SUPERVISOR: Plant Supervisor/Assembly Lead man