Metal Fabrication Industry Jobs at Piranha-MegaFab
MegaFab is a leading U.S. manufacturer of machine tool and metal processing equipment with a proud and successful 140 year history. MegaFab is comprised of the Piranha, W.A. Whitney, and Bertsch brands of machine tools – the product offerings include fiber laser cutting machines, combination punch/plasma fabrication centers, plasma cutting machines, ironworkers, press brakes, bending rolls, section rolls, and structural punching equipment and tooling.
Piranha-MegaFab is currently accepting resumes from qualified candidates for the positions listed below.
Electrical Assembler - Rockford, IL
We are accepting resumes for an electrical assembler to assemble/build a variety of machines/accessories.
Assemble -Build-Test electrically Punch Plasma machines, Lasers, press brakes, high definition plasma, bending rolls, and related product, via blueprints, bill of materials, photos, job notes.
- Read and interpret electrical blue prints.
- Follow electrical schematics to build panels, assemble CNC packages, drives, motors, terminal blocks, IO’s, switches, safety circuits, and related.
- Wire complete machines and sub-assemblies.
- Knowledge of wiring practices, layout, neatness in cable runs.
- Knowledge of using flexible, rigid conduit, and terminating wires.
- Utilize photos, blueprints, engineering sketches, verbal instructions to build product.
- Use PC/wire label printer to create wire numbers.
- Follow written or verbal instructions.
- Write legibly, fill out final inspection and test documentation.
- Able to perform mechanical assembly or aptitude to learn.
- Use tools of the trade. Meters, screw-drivers, knock-out punches, drills, taps, wire cutters, crimpers, soldering iron, wrenches, air/electric drills, die grinders, and others.
- Safe machine startup, verify correct voltage, phasing, troubleshoot startup issues.
- Utilize overhead crane and proper rigging or lifting devices.
- Operate a fork lift.
- Work in a team environment interacting cooperatively.
- Lift / handle 50 pounds.
- Safety minded. Must wear steel or composite toe safety shoes, safety glasses. Knowledge of electrical safety.
POSITION DESCRIPTION-Electrical Assembler
- Good communication skills with co-workers, lead men, engineering and supervisor.
- Quality conscious.
- Use computer to clock on/off jobs.
- Maintain work area cleanliness-organization.
- Work with limited supervision.
- Pass Drug Test and Physical
- Work Overtime when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree in a related Electrical Trade.
- Willing to train a qualified individual (Student currently enrolled in a electrical trade or recent Trade School Graduate.
- 2 years in an Industrial environment (related electrical trade)
- Demonstrated electrical aptitude, general knowledge of tools, fasteners, and assembly technique.
- Lift and/move/handle 50 pounds.
- Occasionally lift heavier weight.
- Regular use of eye/hand coordination.
- Frequently stand, stoop, or kneel up to 10 hours.
- Work off a lift or ladder.
- Frequently walk.
- We offer competitive wages and benefits. Salary negotiable based on experience level.
SUPERVISOR: Plant Supervisor/Assembly Lead man