PlateLASER 1530: 4, 6, and 12 kW Fiber LASER
PlateLASER 1530: 4, 6, and 12 kW Fiber LASER
Piranha P-series PlateLASER is built for performance and productivity with a polymer granite base, linear drives, carbon fiber bridge, and a state-of-the-art CNC control. With power ranges from 4 to 12kW and high acceleration speeds, these machines offer some of the fastest cycle times in the world.
Because of the many options and application-specific variables for the PlateLASER, we want to discuss your requirements to help determine the machine to best meet your needs.
Please submit this machine in your quote request and we will reach you to further discuss your needs.
Build and Price Yours
Build and Price Yours
About This Piranha Product
Piranha P Series PlateLASER is built for performance and productivity with a polymer granite base, linear drives, carbon fiber bridge, and a state-of-the-art CNC control. With power ranges from 4 to 12kW and high acceleration speeds, these machines offer some of the fastest cycle times in the world.
- 60” X 120” cutting area
- 4 kW, 6.0 kW, or 12.0 kW fiber laser power
- Intuitive Siemens CNC control Fastest control pierce times (Rapid Pierce)
- Polymer granite base
- Carbon fiber bridge
- Shuttle tables with 2 pallets
- 12 second pallet exchanges
- 20 second spark-to-spark times
Piranha PlateLASER machines are built in the US with reliability and economy in mind. These proven-tough machines use the best mechanical components available to ensure precision and reliability throughout their service life. This special combination of durability and cost efficiency provides maximum value for steel processors.
The Piranha PlateLASER 1530 combines the benefits of high power fiber laser cutting and linear drive positioning into a laser cutting system that can process up to 1” thick steel*. The 60” x 120” (1.5m x 3.0m) process envelop and pallet shuttle tables will process one sheet of material while loading or unloading the other.
We incorporate technology to reduce nitrogen assist gas flow when cutting with 12kW laser power. This can result in nitrogen consumption rates which are significantly less than other processes.
- 60” x 120” (1.5m x 3.0m) process area without repositioning
- Epoxy Granite Machine Base
- Provides the ultimate in machine stability and precision to support high speed motion and acceleration
- Carbon Fiber Gantry – cantilever design
- Siemens 840Dsl 5-Axis Positioning/Contouring CNC Control
- Linear Drives – X, Y and Z-axis
- Backlash free and wear free operation
- 002” positioning accuracy
- 9,055 IPM (230 meter / minute) maximum travel rate X- and Y-axis
- 3g acceleration
- 10,000 IPM (254 meter / minute) maximum travel rate Zaxis
- Shuttle Table with Two (2) Pallets
- 12 second exchange time, 20 second spark-to-spark time
- 4kW, 6kW or 12kW IPG Laser with Chiller and Fiber Optic Beam Delivery System
- Increased efficiency
- Reduced operating costs
- No laser gas requirement
- No beam path optics or mirrors
- No periodic service requirement
- No special pressurization or cooling requirement
- Fiber Laser Cutting Head, Auto Focus
- 4kW, 6kW transmissive optics
- 12kW reflective optics
- World’s FASTEST controlled pierce times
- Less than 1.5 second through 3/4″ (20 mm) steel
- MINIMAL heat input
- Automatic focal length adjustment
- Automatic height regulation
- Protective glass lens shielding
- High pressure cutting
- Automatic sheet location
- Optimized head motion
- Linear drive positioning
- Designed specifically for cutting with fiber laser
- Automatic Cutting Gas Control
- Proportional Valve rated for 350 PSI for use in both low-pressure oxygen cutting and high-pressure nitrogen cutting
- Cutting Table with zoned fume extraction system (dust collector optional)
- Removes cutting fumes and dust
- Efficient zoning control
- Slag and Small Parts Removal Drawers
- Centralized Lubrication System
- Cutting Table Lighting
- Class 1 Enclosure
- Remote Diagnostics
- To allow Instant Remote Factory Service
- Electrical Power Control for 480/3/60 power. The machine conforms to W.A. Whitney electrical design standards which are based on N.E.C., NFPA-79 and UL Standards with deviations
- Operating and Service Manuals consisting of (1) copy of Whitney Documentation and (1) copy of Vendor Documentation. Documentation is provided in both printed and digital format.
- Software License for all software resident on the CNC Control. The software is proprietary, and the intellectual property of W. A. Whitney Co. Prior to the commissioning of the machine tool, the user must sign a software license agreement. This is a non-transferable license that must be renewed by any and all subsequent owners of the machine tool. The value of this software license is $1,500.00, and it is included in the price of the machine.
|Machine Model||PlateLASER 1530|
|Laser Type||IPG Fiber Laser|
|Laser Power||4 kW, 6 kW, 12 kW|
|Drive Type||X-Axis – Linear Motor
Y-Axis – Linear Motor
Z-Axis – Linear Motor
|Max Working Area||1.55 x 3.1 meter||61 x 122 inch|
|Max weight of processed material||907 kg||2,000 lb|
|Approx System Footprint||4.4 x 10.7 meter||14.4 x 35.2 ft|
|Z axis range||150 mm||6 inch|
|Positioning speed – X axis||230 m/min||9,055 IPM|
|Positioning speed – Y axis||230 m/min||9,055 IPM|
|Positioning speed – Z axis||254 m/min||10,000 IPM|
|Accelerations – X and Y axis||22.5 m/s2||2.3 g|
|Positioning Accuracy – X & Y||0.02 +/- mm||0.001 +/- inch|
|Repeatability – X & Y||0.02 +/- mm||0.001 +/- inch|
|Repeatability – Y1||0.05 +/- mm||0.002 +/- inch|
|Repeatability||0.05 +/- mm||0.002 +/- inch|
MAXIMUM SHEET THICKNESS*
4 kW Sheet Thickness
|Stainless steel /N2||20||mm||0.750||Inch|
6 kW Sheet Thickness
|Stainless steel /N2||25||mm||1.000||Inch|
12 kW Sheet Thickness
|Stainless steel /N2||25||mm||1.000||Inch|
*NOTE: When cutting at or near the maximum material thickness for each process, it may be necessary to compensate for variations in material chemistry, surface condition, and thickness deviation from lot to lot. Some situations may require the use of laser-grade materials.
NOTE: Customer shall install and utilize bulk liquid and bulk liquid nitrogen storage tanks. Using portable tanks for O2 or N2 will create additional chances of contamination entering the gas supply lines and the cutting head due to frequent tank changes. Contamination will cause cutting head lens failure and thus cause machine down time and additional operating expense.
Oxygen (Mild Steel Cutting)
- Purity: 99.95% minimum
- Consumption: up to 470 L/min (16.6 SCFM) at 13.8 Bar (200 psi)
Nitrogen (Stainless Steel, Aluminum, and Mild Steel Sheet Metal)
- Purity: 99.99% minimum
- Consumption: up to 1,400 L/min (50 SCFM) at 20 Bar (300 PSI)
- (Maximum static pressure 27 Bar (400 PSI)
PlatePARTNER™ SEMI-AUTOMATIC LOADING SYSTEM (OPTIONAL)
The PlatePARTNER™ SEMI-AUTOMATIC LOADING SYSTEM is used to move a plate of raw material from a stack and place it onto the pallet table in preparation for a production cycle. The estimated cycle time of 60 seconds eliminates the need for secondary overhead cranes, fork lift trucks, or assistants during the material loading sequence.
Description of Operation:
- Semi-Automatic operation is initiated by the operator at the control station.
- The PlatePARTNER™ vacuum platen lowers until it reaches the top of the material stack.
- Vacuum turns on.
- When the vacuum level is sufficient, the vacuum platen raises to the up position
- The arm swings clockwise toward the machine until the vacuum platen is above the pallet table.
- The vacuum platen lowers until the material is on top of the table.
- The vacuum turns off and releases the material.
- The vacuum platen raises to the up position.
- The crane arm swings counter clockwise away from the machine until it is above the material stack.
- The operator pushes the material against the locating stops.
- The operator clears the safety interlocks and presses cycle start to begin the automatic cycle.
|Width x Length|
|Minimum||48″ x 60″||1250 x 1500 mm|
|Maximum||60″ x 120″||1500 x 3000 mm|
|Maximum||1000 lbs.||450 kg|
|Stack Distance from Floor|
- For plates longer than 120″ (3000 mm), please consult the factory.
- The material table is not included. The table must be constructed so as to eliminate any gaps between itself and the in feed (right hand) table.
POP-UP BALL TRANSFER SHEET LOADING ASSIST SYSTEM (OPTIONAL)
The POP-UP BALL TRANSFER SHEET LOADING ASSIST SYSTEM is designed to allow material to be easily moved to the material reference stops. Ball transfers will raise to a location above the pallet slats. Once the operator locates the work piece against the stops, the ball transfers will retract so that the work piece rests directly on the slats, in the correct zero location. The system is located below the outside pallet and will work with either pallet in the pallet load location.
AUTOMATIC NOZZLE CHANGER (OPTIONAL)
The AUTOMATIC NOZZLE CHANGER includes 6 different nozzle stations. The desired nozzle is selected through the CNC part program. An automatic nozzle calibration procedure is executed after changing the nozzle.
DUST COLLECTOR FUME EXTRACTION SYSTEM (OPTIONAL)
The dust collector (manufactured by Donaldson) includes a 7.5 HP blower and (9) high temperature filters and integrated spark trap.
LAMINAR FLOW BOX (OPTIONAL)
Piranha recommends an optics servicing area to be located away from manufacturing areas. This area must have minimum air movement and a dust free environment. For best results, we recommend purchase of a laminar flow box to be located in an office area
NOTE: Optics contamination is the leading cause of premature cutting head failure. It is extremely important that optics (e.g. cover slides) are cleaned prior to use. This cleaning must be done in a clean environment. This area will also be used for on-site cutting head maintenance (to be done by our technicians).
Installation is included with the purchase of a Piranha PlateLASER 1530.
Training will take place at the time of installation and will cover the operation of the machine, best practices for programming and applications, and basic preventative maintenance. All programmers, shift operators, and maintenance personnel for the machine are asked to participate in this training. A follow-up visit by a Whitney representative will occur within six (6) weeks of the completion of the installation. During this time, the Buyer may receive additional training in applications, operation, or maintenance as required at no additional charge.
Warranty period is one (1) year, except as otherwise noted. Laser resonator manufacturer’s three (3) year warranty will be passed through to the customer, but in no event will be less than one (1) year.
Phone support will be provided for the life of the machine at no additional charge.
Shipment is ExWorks Rockford, IL, USA.
Shipping arrangements will be made by Piranha unless alternative shipping is approved in writing by Piranha at least two weeks prior to the scheduled machine shipment date. Alternative shipping arrangements must comply with all Piranha shipping requirements.
Shipping costs and insurance will be the responsibility of the Buyer.
This budgetary proposal is a reference document and subject to change without notice. Upon request, a final proposal will be issued including firm pricing and contractual information. This budgetary proposal is not an agreement on pricing or specifications.