Piranha P-50 Ironworker
Piranha P-50 ironworker machines are the entry-level of the iconic line of Piranha hydraulic ironworker machines, but they don’t lack the toughness and precision that is expected from a Piranha Ironworker. They are just the right tool for many jobs, but if you need more, check out our full line of ironworker machines.
- Industry leading cycle times—punch holes in less time than other ironworkers.
- Urethane Strippers—Results in less part distortion, faster cycle times, no need for stripper height adjustment.
- Integrated notching station—Low shear removes fillet for precise, burr-free cuts and clean notches.
- Ergonomics—Convenient work height and visibility for all stations. The single work height also provides added benefits when using roller feed tables.
Ironworker Machine Build and Testing
- Urethane Stripper Attachment- keeps material flat through the punching process, eliminating
distortion. The shorter required stroke gives you a faster punching cycle.
- Mechanical Shear Hold-downs- clamps material at change of material thickness. Part movement is eliminated by clamping the part throughout the entire shearing cycle.
- Visibility- a direct line of sight over the hold down bar allows the operator to easily and accurately line up cuts to the shear blades.
- Flat Bar Shear- the low rake angle shear design results in flatter and higher quality sheared parts. Shear blades have four usable edges giving you a longer life and less expensive blades.
- Angle Shear- the square upper angle knife has four cutting radius to better fit the angle being sheared, giving you lower distortion and a higher quality cut.
- Coper Notcher- the low rake angle blade keeps part flat and under control during notching.
MAXIMUM SPECIFICATIONS (rated on mild steel)
|Punching (50 Tons)||13/16” diameter through 3/4” plate|
|Bending (Optional)||6” up to 12” w/4-way die block|
|Round Bar Shear||1/4” through 1-3/8”|
|Square Bar Shear||1/2” through 1”|
|Flat Bar Shear||12” x 3/8”, 10” x 1/2”, 6″ x 3/4″|
|Angle Shear||3” x 3” x 3/8”|
|Coping/Notching||2-1/4” x 3” x 1/4”|
|Motor||3 HP, 3 Phase|
- Mechanical Hold Down
- Coupling Wrench
- Punch Holder, Urethane Stripper, & Die Block
- 1/2” Allen Wrench
- Set of Angle Knives
- Foot Switch
- Set of Coper Knives
- Set of 13” Plate Shear Knives
- Instruction/Parts Book/Video Link
|Image||Product||Item No.||Quick View|
ESTIMATED COST OF OWNERSHIP*
- 3 Years: $1.99 / Hour
- 4 Years: $1.49 / Hour
- 5 Years: $1.19 / Hour
*Based on a 50-week year and 40 hours per week
Normal delivery is from stock subject to confirmation at the time of order. Price is ExWorks factory
Rockford, Illinois and does not include any applicable sales tax or installation. Up to twelve gallons of ISO Grade 32 hydraulic oil is required. The machine is shipped totally wired through the electrical enclosure box. It has been left to the purchaser’s discretion whether to wire direct to a disconnect or to install a cord and plug for mobility.
MegaFab requires Flatbed Trailer(s), with adequate Chains and tarps (to cover full height and width), to assure protection of this equipment when using truck transportation. Please make sure that adequate deck space is allotted for machine and all accessories shipping with order. Upon request, MegaFab will arrange shipping to destination. Freight and insurance charges are the responsibility of the customer, and will be invoiced on machine order. Please consult the factory for any questions regarding shipping requirements.
Twelve (12) months, covering parts against defects in materials or workmanship.
Please use the below chart to help make a comparison between the Piranha Ironworker and other brands. We have filled in some capacities and features that are very beneficial to all ironworker users. Print and fill in the boxes provided for the other brands to help you make your comparisons.
|PUNCH CAPACITY||50 TONS
13/16” HOLE IN 3/4” PLATE
|PUNCH AND DIES||NOT INCLUDED|
|FLAT SHEAR CAPACITY||12” OF 3/8” PLATE
10” OF 1/2” PLATE
6″ OF 3/4″ PLATE
|ANGLE SHEAR CAPACITY||3” X 3” X 3/8”|
|NOTCHING CAPACITY||2-1/4” X 3” X 1/4”|
|PUNCH STRIPPING TYPE||URETHANE CLAMPING AND STRIPPING
|SHEARING HOLD DOWN TYPE||MECHANICAL HOLD DOWN
Price and specs are subject to change without notice.