Piranha P-50 Ironworker
Piranha P-50 ironworker machines are the entry-level of the iconic line of Piranha hydraulic ironworker machines, but they don’t lack the toughness and precision that is expected from a Piranha Ironworker. They are just the right tool for many jobs, but if you need more, check out our full line of ironworker machines.
- Industry leading cycle times—punch holes in less time than other ironworkers.
- Urethane Strippers—Results in less part distortion, faster cycle times, no need for stripper height adjustment.
- Integrated notching station—Low shear removes fillet for precise, burr-free cuts and clean notches.
- Ergonomics—Convenient work height and visibility for all stations. The single work height also provides added benefits when using roller feed tables.
Ironworker Machine Build and Testing
Piranha Ironworker Machine Build and Testing Process
- Urethane Stripper Attachment- keeps material flat through the punching process, eliminating
distortion. The shorter required stroke gives you a faster punching cycle.
- Mechanical Shear Hold-downs- clamps material at change of material thickness. Part movement is eliminated by clamping the part throughout the entire shearing cycle.
- Visibility- a direct line of sight over the hold down bar allows the operator to easily and accurately line up cuts to the shear blades.
- Flat Bar Shear- the low rake angle shear design results in flatter and higher quality sheared parts. Shear blades have four usable edges giving you a longer life and less expensive blades.
- Angle Shear- the square upper angle knife has four cutting radius to better fit the angle being sheared, giving you lower distortion and a higher quality cut.
- Coper Notcher- the low rake angle blade keeps part flat and under control during notching.
Piranha work stations are at a consistent, ergonomic level throughout the entire machine. Easily adaptable to material feed systems without the need to adjust the height between stations.
MAXIMUM SPECIFICATIONS (rated on mild steel)
|Punching (50 Tons)
||13/16” diameter through 3/4” plate
||6” up to 12” w/4-way die block
|Round Bar Shear
||1/4” through 1-3/8”
|Square Bar Shear
||1/2” through 1”
|Flat Bar Shear
||12” x 3/8”, 10” x 1/2”, 6″ x 3/4″
||3” x 3” x 3/8”
||2-1/4” x 3” x 1/4”
||3 HP, 3 Phase
- Mechanical Hold Down
- Coupling Wrench
- Punch Holder, Urethane Stripper, & Die Block
- 1/2” Allen Wrench
- Set of Angle Knives
- Foot Switch
- Set of Coper Knives
- Set of 13” Plate Shear Knives
- Instruction/Parts Book/Video Link
The bending attachments are designed to increase productivity on the punch end of the machine. The 6” versions are mounted parallel to the beam allowing you unlimited throat depth, while the 12″ version mounts perpendicular to the beam. The 6” bending attachment comes with a single “V” opening. The 12” bending attachment includes a 4-way bending die with openings of 7/8”, 1-1/8”, 1-1/2” and 2”.
OVERSIZE PUNCHING ATTACHMENTS
Oversize Attachments mount in place of standard punch attachment and are designed to punch a 50-ton maximum hole.
QUICKSET GAUGING TABLES
The quickset gauging table option is a productivity tool for the punch end. The gauging table mounts around the die block and uses finger stops to repeat a series of punched holes in flat bar or angle. The attachment comes with a table and flat bar gauge with measuring rules for easy hole location layout. A 5’ or 10’ extension can be added to the left or right side of the base table for longer part processing.
The backgauge option is a productivity tool for the shearing section. The backgauge mounts on the drop side of the machine and uses a compression sleeve for infinite, easy adjustment to gauge cut lengths in the angle, flat bar and round bar shearing stations. A support leg is included with the 9’ version.
PIPE NOTCHING ATTACHMENTS
The pipe notching attachments mount easily on the platen table in place of the punch die block. This is a single notch system. To notch both sides of the pipe you must rotate the pipe and realign with the notching die for the second notch.
The pipe notching attachment is made up of three separate pieces, the pipe notching die holder, the pipe notching die and the pipe notching striker.
- The pipe notching die holder is a universal die holder that bolts to the platen table and can accept 3/4” through 2” Schedule 40 Pipe Notching Dies
- The pipe notching dies are spring return die sets that mount in the pipe notching die holder. Standard sizes of pipe notching dies are 3/4”, 1”, 1-1/4”, 1-1/2” and 2” Schedule 40. Other sizes of pipe and tube notching dies are available upon request but may require a different die holder.
- The pipe notching striker is an extended flat bottom punch used in your standard stripper assembly to press down the pipe notching die.
Learn More About Available P-50 Machine Attachments
Normal delivery is from stock subject to confirmation at the time of order. Price is ExWorks factory
Rockford, Illinois and does not include any applicable sales tax or installation. Up to twelve gallons of ISO Grade 32 hydraulic oil is required. The machine is shipped totally wired through the electrical enclosure box. It has been left to the purchaser’s discretion whether to wire direct to a disconnect or to install a cord and plug for mobility.
MegaFab requires Flatbed Trailer(s), with adequate Chains and tarps (to cover full height and width), to assure protection of this equipment when using truck transportation. Please make sure that adequate deck space is allotted for machine and all accessories shipping with order. Upon request, MegaFab will arrange shipping to destination. Freight and insurance charges are the responsibility of the customer, and will be invoiced on machine order. Please consult the factory for any questions regarding shipping requirements.
Twelve (12) months, covering parts against defects in materials or workmanship.
Price and specs are subject to change without notice.