Piranha P-90 Ironworker
The 90 Ton Piranha Model P-90 picks up where the Piranha P-65 Ironworker leaves off – for applications requiring more tonnage.
- The P-90 has more standard workstations than any other ironworker in its class. This includes punching, bending, bar shear, angle shear, round bar shear, and an integrated coper/notcher.
- The P-90 also has a dovetail slide that allows an operator to switch from punching to bending in just a few seconds.
- The P-90 has full electrical control of its stroke with a footswitch and limit switch stroke controls.
- The no slug-loss shearing saves material, keeps the machine area cleaner, and offers larger material capacity than the competition. A wide variety of optional tooling is available to enhance the P-90’s capabilities.
- Piranha’s incomparable integrated coper/notcher station outperforms any other ironworker. Notch from thick to thin, remove the full leg from angle iron, shave even the smallest piece from the end of the work piece, and maintain total control of the part – from any angle.
Ironworker Machine Build and Testing
- Urethane Stripper Attachment- keeps material flat through the punching process, eliminating
distortion. The shorter required stroke gives you a faster punching cycle.
- Automatic Urethane Hold-downs- clamps and releases material automatically with each stroke. Part movement is eliminated by clamping the part throughout the entire shearing cycle.
- 3. Visibility- a direct line of sight over the hold down bar allows the operator to easily and accurately line up cuts to the shear blades.
- Flat Bar Shear- the low rake angle shear design results in flatter and higher quality sheared parts. Shear blades have four useable edges giving you a longer life and less expensive blades.
- Angle Shear- the floating upper blade seats in the center of the angle prior to cutting minimizing
distortion giving you a higher quality cut.
- Coper Notcher- the low rake angle keeps part flat and under control during notching.
- Quick Change Tooling– the unique Piranha dovetail design allows for quick installation and removal of all standard and optional tools.
MAXIMUM SPECIFICATIONS (rated on mild steel)
|Punching (90 Tons)||1-1/8” diameter through 1” plate|
|Bending (Optional)||12” up to 24” w/4-way die block|
|Round Bar Shear||1/2” through 2”|
|Square Bar Shear||1/2” through 1-3/8”|
|Flat Bar Shear||18” x 1/2”, 12” x 3/4”, 8″ x 1″|
|Angle Shear||5” x 5” x 1/2”|
|Coping/Notching||3-1/2” x 5” x 1/2”|
- Automatic Hold Down
- Coupling Wrench
- Punch Holder, Stripper, & Die Block
- 3/8” Allen Wrench
- 5 Punch & Die Sets 9/16” through 1-1/16”
- Set of Chip Buckets
- Set of Angle Knives
- Extra Filter Element
- Set 1-1/4” Round Bar Knives
- Foot Switch
- Set of 14-5/8” Plate Shear Knives
- Instruction/Parts Book/Video Link
- Set of Coper Knives
|Image||Product||Item No.||Quick View|
ESTIMATED COST OF OWNERSHIP*
- 3 Years: $4.98 / Hour
- 4 Years: $3.73 / Hour
- 5 Years: $2.99 / Hour
*Based on a 50-week year and 40 hours per week
Prices listed are in USD and are valid for machines purchased and installed in the U.S.
Normal delivery is from stock subject to confirmation at the time of order. Price is ExWorks factory Rockford, Illinois and does not include any applicable sales tax or installation. Up to twenty-five gallons of ISO Grade 32 hydraulic oil is required. The machine is shipped totally wired through the electrical enclosure box. It has been left to the purchaser’s discretion whether to wire direct to a disconnect or to install a cord and plug for mobility.
MegaFab requires Flatbed Trailer(s), with adequate Chains and tarps (to cover full height and width), to assure protection of this equipment when using truck transportation. Please make sure that adequate deck space is allotted for machine and all accessories shipping with order. Upon request, MegaFab will arrange shipping to destination. Freight and insurance charges are the responsibility of the customer, and will be invoiced on machine order. Please consult the factory for any questions regarding shipping requirements.
Twelve (12) months, covering parts against defects in materials or workmanship.
Please use the below chart to help make a comparison between the Piranha Ironworker and other brands. We have filled in some capacities and features that are very beneficial to all ironworker users. Print and fill in the boxes provided for the other brands to help you make your comparisons.
|PUNCH CAPACITY||90 TONS
1-1/8” HOLE IN 1” PLATE
|PUNCH AND DIES||5 PIECE SET
|FLAT SHEAR CAPACITY||18” OF 1/2” PLATE
12” OF 3/4” PLATE
8” OF 1” PLATE
|ANGLE SHEAR CAPACITY||5” X 5” X 1/2”|
|NOTCHING CAPACITY||3-1/2” X 5” X 3/8”|
|PUNCH STRIPPING TYPE||URETHANE CLAMPING AND STRIPPING
|SHEARING HOLD DOWN TYPE||AUTOMATIC URETHANE CLAMPING
|PUNCH END MOUNTING TYPE||QUICK CHANGE
Price and specs are subject to change without notice.